- What do I dislike about smoking?
- What do I miss out on when I smoke?
- How is smoking affecting my health?
- What will happen to me and my family if I keep smoking?
- How will my life get better when I quit?
Once you know your reasons for quitting, remind yourself of them every day. It can inspire you to stop smoking for good.
Want to look, feel, and be healthier?
Here are some more reasons to consider.
- My chances of having cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, stroke, cataracts, and other diseases will go down.
- I will be less likely to catch colds or the flu, and will be able to recover quicker if I do get sick.
- I will breathe easier and cough less.
- My blood pressure will go down.
- My skin will look healthier and I will look more youthful.
- My teeth and fingernails will not be stained.
Quitting will make you feel better and improve your health. But there are other reasons to quit that you might not have thought about.
Want a better lifestyle?
- I will have more money to spend.
- I can spend more time with family, catch up on work, or dive into my favorite hobby.
- I won’t have to worry about when I can smoke next or where I can or can’t smoke.
- My food will taste better.
- My clothes will smell better.
- My car‚ home‚ and kids won’t smell like smoke.
- I will be able to smell food, flowers, and other things better.
Want a better family life?
- I will set a great example for my kids; it takes a lot of strength to quit.
- My friends, family, co-workers, and other loved ones will be proud of me.
- I will protect my friends and family from the dangers of secondhand smoke.
- My children will be healthier.
- I will have more energy to do the things I love with friends and family.
- I will get healthy to make sure I am around to share in my family’s special moments.
Make a list of all the reasons you want to become smoke free. Keep the list in a place where you will see it often, like your car or where you used to keep your cigarettes. When you feel the urge to smoke, take a look at the list to remind yourself why you want to quit.
How to Manage Cravings using doTERRA Essential Oils
You won’t be able to avoid all of your triggers. And learning how to deal with triggers takes practice. So, when a craving is triggered, it’s important to have a plan to beat that urge to smoke. Cravings typically last 5 to 10 minutes. It might be uncomfortable, but try to wait it out. Make a list of things you can do to get through the craving. Here are a few to try.
- 2 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 15 drops Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 15 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil (optional)
- 80 wooden toothpicks
- 8 oz glass mason jar with lid
- Pour just enough FCO into mason jar to cover bottom, between one and two teaspoons.
- Drop Black Pepper and Cinnamon Bark essential oils into jar and stir.
- Arrange toothpicks standing up in jar so all are touching the bottom and therefore the oil too.
- Screw on top and allow to soak overnight or until all oil is gone.
- Use before cravings typically hit and as needed when unexpected cravings pop up.
Here are some other helpful Essential Oils to help you Quit Smoking for Good!
A drop on the tongue can help with cravings, uplift the spirit, and keep your focus. The Peppermint Beadlets are a handy method to utilize your Peppermint Oil on the go. Each beadlet contains 1/4 drop of peppermint EO, but boy are they powerful. You also get a replacement for the oral fixation the cigarette smoking has created. A friend of mine working to quit smoking is using the peppermint beadlets with great results!
Add a few drops to drinking water to help with focus, uplift emotions, and cleanse your organs.
Diffuse or inhale to dispel frustration, irritability and anxiety.
Diffuse or Inhale to calm emotions while creating a sense of peace and well-being. This Oil is especially helpful at night to calm the “Monkey Brain”! You know what I mean, when your brain just can’t stop thinking about all the stressers in your life! I really like putting a drop on the pad of my big toe. It corresponds with your limbic system according to reflexology charts.
Diffuse or Inhale to promote a whole-body sense of relaxation, help ease anxious feelings, and evoke feelings of tranquility and balance.
The three core products of the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Program Alpha CRS®+, xEO Mega®, Microplex VMz® are formulated to provide you with targeted levels of essential nutrients and powerful metabolic factors for optimal health, energy, and longevity. Coupled with dōTERRA’s CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils and
a lifelong commitment to dōTERRA’s wellness lifestyle, they naturally support a lifetime of looking, feeling, and living younger, longer.
I LOVE my Essential Oils, and I am sure you will too! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my doTERRA website to learn more about how you can take control of your family’s health and to learn more about this amazing company and how you can purchase these oils at Wholesale Prices (25% off retail!) There is no pressure to become a sales person. I PROMISE!
I’m a “Mompreneur” and a doTerra Wellness Advocate. I have a team that is growing and thriving. I want to help others to do the same thing. If you are interested in helping others and in creating an additional (or primary) income, let’s chat. I’m not pushy or aggressive. In fact, you have to WANT this. I don’t think it’s hard but you do have to put forth effort and be willing to grow. If you have a heart for others, you can do this. It’s pretty simple, and I would love to help you along this journey to wellness!
Surround YourSelf with Healthy and Learn to Heal Your Life Naturally and Powerfully!
AFFILIATE NOTICE: Many of my blog posts contain affiliate links. Purchasing through an affiliate link does not increase your purchase price. However, it does allow me to keep blogging, sharing and bringing you helpful tips to use for your family.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as medical advice. I am simply sharing things that have worked for me & my family. If you have any symptoms of serious illness, are taking medications, pregnant or nursing, and have never worked with herbal remedies or essential oils before, PLEASE consider consulting a Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Naturopath, or Aromatherapist before using. These statements have not been approved by the Food & Drug Administration. The statements made are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This notice is in accordance and required by the Federal Food and Drug Administration.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.