Using essential oils can be simple and life-changing!
Here are a few precautions that should be taken:
- Use only 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils.
- Follow all label warnings and instructions.
- Keep oils out of the reach of children.
- Essential oils should not be used in the eyes, in the ear canal or on open wounds.
- Keep essential oils away from the eyes. After applying oils, keep hands away from eyes.
- Do not use on a child’s hands as they may transfer oils to the eyes.
- If you do happen to get some in your eyes, don’t use water to flush it out. That will only drive the oil in deeper and hurt more! Just grab any type of vegetable oil ~ coconut, olive, almond, etc. to pull it out of your eye.
- Some oils are “hot” such as cassia, cinnamon and oregano. Always use caution and dilute.
- Many essential oils are just as effective when diluted down to 5%.
- Dilute oils when using on infants, young children and those with sensitive skin.
- If redness or irritation occurs when using topically, apply vegetable oil (olive, coconut or almond oil, etc.) to the affected area.
- Do NOT consume an essential oil internally unless the product is FDA approved as GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe).
- Internal use of essential oils should be limited.
- Avoid the sun after using citrus oils which cause sun sensitivity.
- Consult with your physician before using essential oils, particularly if you are pregnant or under a doctor’s care.
- If pregnant, avoid most essential oils without doing further research. The research I have done indicates that the use of Clary Sage & Citronella is not a good idea!
I LOVE this Website, and this is a wonderful article on how to Properly Dilute Essential Oils!
I LOVE my Essential Oils, and I am sure you will too! Contact me to learn more about this amazing company and how you can purchase these oils at Wholesale Prices (25% off retail!) There is no pressure to become a sales person. I PROMISE!
I’m a “Mompreneur” and a doTerra Wellness Advocate. I have a team that is growing and thriving. I want to help others to do the same thing. If you are interested in helping others and in creating an additional (or primary) income, let’s chat. I’m not pushy or aggressive. In fact, you have to WANT this. I don’t think it’s hard but you do have to put forth effort and be willing to grow. If you have a heart for others, you can do this. It’s pretty simple, and I would love to help you along this journey to wellness!
Surround YourSelf with Healthy and Learn to Heal Your Life Naturally and Powerfully!
AFFILIATE NOTICE: Many of my blog posts contain affiliate links. Purchasing through an affiliate link does not increase your purchase price. However, it does allow me to keep blogging, sharing and bringing you helpful tips to use for your family.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as medical advice. I am simply sharing things that have worked for me & my family. If you have any symptoms of serious illness, are taking medications, pregnant or nursing, and have never worked with herbal remedies or essential oils before, PLEASE consider consulting a Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Naturopath, or Aromatherapist before using. These statements have not been approved by the Food & Drug Administration. The statements made are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This notice is in accordance and required by the Federal Food and Drug Administration.